Topics on this week's podcast:
- BYU football fall camp is now in the rearview mirror. What did we learn about this BYU team from camp?
- Taysom Hill had a great camp, and is ready to make the next jump as a passer. Will BYU pass the ball more in 2015?
- What's the latest on Tejan Koroma?
- Who will be the captains of this year's team? We tell you our predictions.
- Cougar Center needs a #hashtag for the 2015 season. We read some of the best submissions from Twitter.
- BYU Basketball went undefeated on their trip to Spain. The Cougar Cager front court is producing more than they did all of last season.
Topics on this week's episode include:
- BYU & Utah are extending their series to the 2019 & 2020 seasons after Dr. Chris Hill made it sound like the Holy War wasn't a priority anymore. How do Bean & Mitch feel about the future of the rivalry?
- 2016 3-star OLB Keenan Pili was in studio to talk about his commitment to BYU, and why he chose the Cougars.
- Inside the Blue Zone writer Robby McCombs joins the show to discuss the 2015-16 BYU Basketball schedule. Do the Cougar Cagers have a margin for error?
- Fall Camp continues to roll along. BYU completed a scrimmage this past Saturday, what did we learn from the scrimmage, and where do the Cougars need to improve as they inch closer to kickoff against Nebraska on September 5th?
Topics on episode 224 include:
- BYU football is back! Fall camp starts this Saturday and the Cougar Center Podcast is here to break it all down.
- Top story lines to keep an eye on during camp.
- Underrated players on both sides of the ball.
- Position analysis
- Taysom Hill's article in the USA Today.
- The importance of a pass rush.
- Hamson Watch
- Drake-Meek Mill Beef
Topics this week include:
- Tim Montemayor, host of Monty in the Morning weekdays on 1320 KFAN, joins the show to talk about Taysom Hill as a legitimate Heisman contender and BYU's strengths in 2015.
- Ranking the teams on BYU's schedule 1 to 12. Who's the toughest team on the schedule?
- Disrespect in College Football. BYU is all too familiar with that.
- Simi Fehoko committed to Stanford.
- The biggest hurdle facing Bronco Mendenhall.
Topics on episode 221:
- Business Insider ranks BYU as the top athletic program in the state of Utah. Was that surprising to Mitch & Bean? What do the Cougars need to do moving forward to remain the top program in the Beehive State over the next five to 10 years?
- BYU added a commitment to the 2016 recruiting class in Brighton High QB Drew Jensen. Does this have any trickle effect with Jensen's high school teammate, Simi Fehoko?
- Simi Fehoko is announcing his decision where he will play college football on July 19th. Fehoko's top five schools (in no particular order): Michigan, Washington, Stanford, BYU, and Utah.
- Who will Fehoko commit to? What is BYU's selling point to Fehoko?
- If you could pick one player from BYU football's storied tradition, who would you pick to play on the 2015 team? Bean's answer may surprise you.
- Tyler Haws is doing well for himself in the NBA Summer League with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Jennifer Hamson Update
Topics this week include:
- Charles West was shot in his hometown of Coppell, Texas by a man who West allegedly had an argument with over money.
- What's West' future with BYU?
- Is Jim McMahon's hail mary in the 1980 Holiday Bowl the greatest play in the history of College Football?
- Mailbag: Interesting recruiting stats get revealed.
Topics on episode #219:
- A trending topic the past few days has been the Big XII potentially exploring expansion again? Is BYU in the mix this time around? We discuss.
- 2016 BYU DT commit Wayne Kirby discusses his commitment to BYU and the recruitment process.
- Kirby might see some time on the offensive side of the ball as well when he dons the blue & white.
- Las Vegas has put out the games of the year betting lines for the 2015 college football season. The bettors are loving BYU out of the gates.
- Eye opening Jake Heaps article in the Seattle Times.
- Hamson Watch